Is there an Oracle implementation?

Mar 12, 2008 at 2:24 PM
Does anybody know if there is an Oracle implementation of NHibernate.Spatial? Is one planned?

Cheers
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2008 at 3:21 AM
Edited Mar 31, 2008 at 3:22 AM
No, there's no support for Oracle and I have no plans to implement it in the near future. But if you or anyone wants to contribute an implementation, there is a good starting point in the Hibernate Spatial project. Though (N)Hibernate Spatial projects are not ports one of each other, they share a similar structure since both are based on the same ports (Hibernate/NHibernate and JTS/NTS) .
May 22, 2008 at 8:20 PM
I'm interested on working on an implementation of Oracle Spatial in NHibernate.Spatial.

Couple of quick questions to help things along:

1. Is there a port of this for VS2008, or would you like me to keep it in VS2005
2. Is there anything that will help me understand what you've been doing so far besides going through the code (which I've already started doing).  It looks like the major complexity of the project has been mapped out by you guys and someone just needs to fill in the Oracle Spatial end of it.
Coordinator
May 23, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Great! Regarding your questions:

1.  I would prefer to keep the code compatible with C# 2.0, but there is no problem if you create solution and project files for VS2008.

2.  So far, there is limited support for NH 1.2 and experimental support for NH 2. Run the unit tests to get a picture of the progress of each version. To get NH2 version up and running, I had to create a patch to support parameters in HQL functions (submitted to NHibernate but not applied yet). As I said above, you will find a good reference implementation of an Oracle provider in the Java analogue of this project.

Please, don't hesitate to make more questions. Have fun!

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:37 AM

Any update on this? I am willing to assist with creating an Oracle dialect as well