IsWithin() and other table-valued functions being implemented

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:15 AM
I started using this for a project that ties into mssqlspatial. I noticed that the functions that were based on table-valued functions in sql 2005 weren't implemented. I'd like to work on this particularly the IsWithin() function.

I was wandering if you had a plan or path for this. Looking at it, I'm not sure yet how to integrate calls to ST.IsWithinQuery or ST.EqExactQuery. I see that i can register them and i know that we can map and call table-valued functions via nhibernate (see http://www.ayende.com/Blog/archive/2006/10/01/7235.aspx for info). But how do we go about getting to smoothly integerate into the current nhibernate.spatial library?

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2008 at 6:38 AM
I think you meant ST.IsWithinDistanceQuery because there is no ST.IsWithinQuery... but definitvely you pose a very good question.

Yes, NHibernate does not support table-valued functions, but that is not a problem in this case (see GetSpatialFilterString method implementation in MsSqlSpatialDialect.cs). Then an interface to ST.IsWithinDistanceQuery is possible and I think it could be added in future versions.